Tuesday 20 September 2011

'I slept with a knife under my bed': Basketball Wives' Tanya Young Williams reveals abuse at hands of husband Jayson

Tanya Young Williams

Wife abuse seems to be on the increase every day. Please read this touching story.

Her basketball star husband Jayson Williams is in jail on an aggravated assault charge stemming from the shotgun death of a limo driver back in 2002.

And now Tanya Young Williams is speaking out about the domestic violence she suffered at the hands of her estranged husband during their marriage.
'I did sleep with a knife under my bed,' she tells The Huffington Post in a new interview.

'Because when Jayson drank too much, or he took sleeping pills or any type of prescription medication, it would make him a different person; and because I have been threatened before.'

Tanya and Jayson, 43, who used to play for The New Jersey Nets, have two daughters, Tryumph and Whizdom.

'I had to protect myself and my children by any means necessary,' Tanya recalls. 'I didn't know who was walking into my bedroom.

'Was it the man that I fell in love with 20 years ago, or was it the Jayson who was being erratic and violent?'

The reality show star filed for divorce from Jayson two years ago and has now become a spokesman for The National Domestic Violence Hotline, along with masking regular appearances on Basketball Wives LA, which airs on VH1.
Jayson

Please read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment