Wednesday 12 September 2012

I love looking hot and classy - Nsa


Although stunning Nsa Ntuk was born and raised in California, United States of America, she proudly claims her Akwa Ibom roots. In this interview with www.angeladaviesblog.blogspot.com, this Nigerian-American actress and MTN Ambassador, reveals that her pride for being Nigerian and her interest in Nollywood guided her back home.
Could you tell us briefly about yourself?
I grew up in California but I am proud to be a Nigerian. I am very proud of Akwa Ibom my state and I represent it everywhere I go. I am an actress based in Hollywood, California. Behind the scene, I am a writer and producer and I am a graduate of the University of California.
What movie(s) have you written and produced?
Well, I wrote and produced the web series Afro-Arabian Nights in 2010. But I have featured in movies like Beautiful Soul, She’s Got It Like That, Last Dance, and others.
How was growing up like?
Wow! Growing up was wonderful. I am the youngest of five children so I got to see all my brothers and sisters living life, making mistakes and making success. I learnt from them. I learnt how to fight to survive even from my big brothers. If I do not act fast, they will eat my food (laughs). I have to defend my territory being the youngest.
Why did you return to the country?
I told myself it is time to come home. I see myself as being a bridge between Hollywood and Nollywood. As my career entered new heights in Hollywood, it’s a perfect time to make a statement that I am proudly Nigerian. Summarily, I will say my pride for being Nigerian and my interest in Nollywood has guided me back home.
Your parents must have told you how they met. Can you share it with us?
My parents met while my mother was in the Peace Corps in Calabar, at the time my father was teaching alongside her at a Catholic secondary school. One of the nuns at the school noticed the interest between them and insisted that they share a desk to subtly encourage their relationship. After a visit to meet the family in Akwa Ibom, they got the family’s blessings. Later my father went to the United States to attend college and extended the Ntuk’s family there.
You look hot in your outfit. Can you define your style?
I love looking hot and classy. I wear whatever I feel good and comfortable in. Sometimes, I love to experiment with outfits in different colours which I call my power colours; it changes from time to time. For example, if I try on a blue dress today and it looks good on me, that will be my power. It could be orange colour tomorrow.
What kind of outfits do you love to wear?
I love to wear combinations to surprise people because when I show up at an event in my traditional outfits, I want people to ask, where did you get that outfit from? I love to represent where I am from. Although, I love to surprise people with my dressing, I always like to keep it classy and hot. I am a lady so I have to carry myself well.
If you have to flaunt, what part of your body can you show off?
Well, I have been complimented on my waistline. The proportion from my waistline to other parts makes me feel good to flatter.
What is that fashion item you cannot do without as a woman?
I think there is something about the belt that really accentuates your waist, like a thick belt which you can use with maybe a pant, dress or nice blouse. A thick, black or gold belt is an important fashion item for me.
What puts you off people?
To be honest, the most irritating thing about people is when they are not happy with themselves and they are taking it out on other people. They become full of tension, anger and frustration when dealing with other people. It is advisable at this time to take sometime to love yourself. Then go talk to God, come back, start afresh and be happy.
How do you love to carry your hair?
Today I have my hair natural and curly. Yes, this is my natural hair and that is the nice thing about being mixed. But sometimes, I go on straight hair and sometimes I wear braids because it is African and it is good to embrace who we are.
What kind of shoes do you love to wear?
The shoes I have on are my favourites; they are red pumps. They are bright, fun and bold. When I put my red shoes on, I know I am being bold. Sometimes as a lady, I wear really good sandals.
How do you keep fit?
I am really big on fitness. I love yoga. I wish I could bring more yoga to Lagos because everyone is so stressed out here from the traffic and your body is so tensed up sitting in that car. When you do yoga, you are getting oxygen into your muscles. It may seem like a soft exercise but you are actually exercising and working your whole body. Everybody needs to exercise a little bit more even the skinniest people; it is not about being fat. You should exercise to appreciate your body.
How would you describe yourself?
I am an exuberant, excited, interested, very curious, engaging and open-minded person.

2 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous woman.. that electric smile, the beautiful dress and you... Hot!

    ReplyDelete