Wednesday 22 August 2012

‘I love wearing simple, classy outfits’


Glory John Otumu is the Chief Executive Offi cer, Glowree Jawn Couture. The ex-model and lawyer turned fashion designer is a great beauty. She told www.angeladaviesblog.blogspot.com, among other things, that her style is simple and sophisticated.

Tell us a little about yourself?
I am from Edo State. I am an ex-model and a lawyer. I graduated from Ambrose Ali University, Ekpoma. However, because of my passion for fashion, I went to Needlekraft Fashion School and I graduated recently.
Did you have any bad experience when you were still a model?
I don’t think I really had much of a bad experience as regard modelling. Things happened once in a while but they were things I could handle.
How did your passion for fashion come?
I have always loved fashion designing. I have always loved clothes, shoes, bags, in fact, anything that has to do with fashion basically and I sketch very well. I sketch for my designers most of the outfits they make for me. I said to myself, since I can sketch well, why not go to a fashion school and become a professional designer. And here I am today.
As a fashion designer, what does fashion mean to you?
Fashion is life. Everyday you see fashion and it is what you wear. Anything one wears has one thing or the other to do with fashion.
What is your kind of style?
My own style is simple and sophisticated. I try to incorporate the western designs into our own ethnic culture that reflects our moral values.
What kind of outfi ts do you love to wear?
I love wearing simple outfits just like what I am wearing. The outfit I wear also depends on the occasion I am going for. But I love wearing simple, edgy and classy outfits.
Do you follow fashion?
I follow fashion but I am not a fashion freak.
If you have to show off your body, what part would it be?
Well, all parts of my body are actually flauntable. But my eyes are mostly my selling point because I have Chinese eyes. I really love my eyes but every part of my body is good.
What is that fashion item you cannot do without as a woman?
That will be my earrings. Earring brings out the sophistication in a woman. It makes you look more feminine and without it, you just go bare. It is also a great accessory for any kind of outfit even if you are not wearing bangles or necklace; it is a very simple accessory that goes with anything you wear.
Are you a jewelry person?
I am a jewelry person. Jewelry has to do with fashion so they are more like your accessories or embellishment and therefore cannot stand in isolation. In as much as jewelry goes with fashion, then definitely, I love jewelry.
What kind of shoes do you love to wear?
I love wearing stilettoes, wedge and pimp toes. I don’t really have preference when it comes to shoes; it depends on my outfit. I wear shoes that will go perfectly well with what I am putting on.
How do you wear your make-up?
I love it simple but then I will also say it also depends on the event. If I am going to a club, my make-up has to be a little bit loud. If I am going for a red carpet event, it would be edgy and classy. If I am on the runway, it has to be wild or mild depending on the outfit I am showcasing. But, I really love simple make-up on a normal day.
How do you love to carry your hair?
I love side bangs because my face is round, so it goes very well for me. Also, centre parts suit my face too.
If you have to change anything about yourself, what would that be?
I wouldn’t change anything about myself; trust me. I really love my life the way I am.
Everyone has one fear or the other. What is your greatest fear in life?
My greatest fear is not making heaven. That is because you don’t know the things you do wrong everyday. When you are praying for forgiveness of sin, you pray for things you do consciously and unconsciously. You don’t know the unconscious things that you have done that may not be a sin to you but in God’s eyes, it may be a sin. So, one way or the other, you just keep praying that you do the right thing so that you can make heaven.
What do you tell God when you pray?
That is personal. That is between my God and me.
How do you keep fi t?
I dance a lot. I make sure I dance everyday; it makes me sweat. Dancing is my exercise.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Angela you are looking very gorgeous, I like all your fashion tips and style, waiting for updates.
    Women Fashion Clothing

    ReplyDelete