Tuesday 17 January 2012

‘My marriage ended even before it started' (2)

This is the concluding part of the scandalous story of Judith, Felix and Jack.  
However, eight months after Felix travelled, he stopped communicating. I made all efforts to get in touch with him but it all proved abortive. So, I decided to move on with my life after three years of not hearing from Felix. We had lots of memorable and fun moments together. I was shocked to see him because the last time we saw was almost seven years ago. However, immediately I saw him and we hugged, I knew that I still had feelings for him and we got attracted to each other once again.
When he joined me by the pool side, he told me all sorts of story why he stopped communicating. He said he just came on holiday about a week ago and decided to stay in the hotel. Nevertheless, he is married to a black American and they are blessed with two boys. He apologised and asked for forgiveness. “Felix, I have forgiven you a long time ago. I just got married and we are here for our honeymoon. I am happy for you too,” I said.
We exchanged phone numbers and gave me his room number too. Luckily, we were staying on the same floor, about five rooms away. He pleaded that we needed to see again and catch up on old times which I agreed to. Before we said goodbye to each other, he gave me a peck on my lips.
When I got back to the room, all I could think of was Felix and how his soft lips pressed against mine. Jack noticed that I was much happier than when I left him. When he could not hold it anymore he said, “Sweetheart, you have been so happy since you came back. Did you win a jackpot?” I told him I was feeling happy because of the different people I saw by the pool side. But shortly, my countenance towards Jack changed. I started comparing him to Felix in terms of physical appearance and looks. Felix is fair, tall and huge while Jack is of average height and very dark.
At about 9:30 p.m., Felix called me that he was at the bar and needed to see me. Luckily, Jack was having a bath so I told him I wanted to quickly get something downstairs. I rushed to the bar to meet Felix but I told him I couldn’t stay for long so that Jack would not suspect me. He asked me if I wanted to spend quality time with him and I said yes. “If you really want us to spend time together then, we can work out something. You could add some sleeping pills to his drink,” he suggested. “That will be easy because Jack never goes to bed without drinking either a glass of juice or wine,” I said. Immediately, he gave me some sleeping pills.
According to him, he takes them any time he finds it difficult to sleep. I quickly rushed to the room and brought out a pack of juice from the fridge and poured into two glasses, but not forgetting to add the sleeping pills to his. About 10 minutes later, he fell asleep and I sneaked off to Felix’s room. We started off with quarrels and settled in bed. At about 3:00 a.m., I will quietly sneak back to our room and lay beside Jack. This act continued for three nights. We had so much fun. It was all like when we first started our relationship. I began to wish Felix was my husband. However, on the fourth night our plan backfired.
I left the room 10 minutes after Jack fell asleep. I quietly closed the door and rushed to Felix who was already waiting for me by his room door. We were so engrossed in what we were doing that we forgot to lock the door. Then about 10 minutes later, Jack walked in. We were stark naked on the bed. He clapped and said, “Judith so this is why you have been extremely happy? You think I am stupid, right? I knew something was going on. You add sleeping pills to my drinks so that you could sleep with another man? Well, I am glad to inform you that you did not succeed tonight. I did not drink the juice, I drank the one I poured into another glass when you were in the bathroom, shameless woman,” he yelled.
As he was speaking in anger and calling me all sorts of names, I was praying for the ground to open and swallow me. After he was finished, he shook his head and stormed out of the room in tears. I became so ashamed of myself. “What will I tell my husband for him to forgive me?” I wept. “Felix, my marriage is over before it even started. What do I do?” I asked. “I will advise you to go and beg your husband,” he suggested.
I noticed that Felix started packing his bag. “What are you doing?” I asked. “I will be leaving early tomorrow morning. I need to see some friends in town before leaving the country at night,” he revealed.  He confessed that a friend of his informed him that I just got married and would be spending my honeymoon here. So he decided to check into the hotel just to see me. He revealed that when he noticed that I still had strong feelings for him, he decided to have a fling and take a walk and that is exactly what he has done. However, it was unfortunate that your husband caught us in the act. “To tell you the truth if I was your husband, I will throw you out. Have a nice night. Now get out of my room,” he screamed.
By the time I summoned courage to meet Jack in the room to plead for forgiveness, he was already packing his things. “Judith, where did I wrong you as your husband? Anyway, I never want to see you again in my life. I will be out of here first thing in the morning. I guess this marriage is over,” he retorted.
We both left the hotel separately. I have not gone to my matrimonial home since I left the hotel and knowing who Jack is, he will not say a word to anybody until he is pressurised. He is that secretive.
What do I tell our parents, family members, friends and loved ones? That I cheated on my husband during our honeymoon? Is something wrong with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment