Tuesday 16 August 2011

I like appearing very weird- Folasade

Folasade Adelotipe is a member of the Archers group with the stage name Soso. The 2005 graduate of Policy Studies and Administration spoke with us on her weird style.

Tell us about yourself
My stage name is Soso and I am in a group called the Archers. We do hip hop and rock.

What are you wearing?
A short tube dress, and for the earrings, I am wearing what I made.

For how long have you been in the music industry?
Professionally since 2005 but we actually discovered our talents in 1995. We had our first album in 2008. We already have two singles on air.

How was growing up like for you?
It was fun but there is someone I am missing - my father. He is late.

Educational background
I graduated from the University of Calabar (UNICAL) in 2005. I studied Policy Studies and Administration.

What is style to you?
It is anything you can come up with on your own. Style is creativity.

What is your own kind of style?
My style is, maybe, what I do. I believe in weird things. Forget what I am wearing now. I like appearing very weird.

What is your best colour?
Green, but I love brown. My birth stone is green because I was born on August 21, that is Leo but I love brown.

Fashion item you cannot do without?
Hmm…. I think that will be my weird earring.

Why your weird earring?
Because I want to be unique. I don’t want to appear like every other person. I love being me, being different from every other person.

Your dress is short. So, which part of your body do you love to flaunt?
Oh, I love my totality. But I think my legs because they are slender and sexy.

How do you relax?
I do with cool music or anything that would get me into a relaxing mood.

How do you handle your male fans?
That is a tough one. They are a nuisance and pest but I have my own way of handling them.

You carry dread hairstyle. How do you maintain it?
I visit the salon every two weeks.

How is your normal day like?
It could be busy or just normal. But the day I have to perform at an event, it could be pretty busy and tight.


Could you describe yourself on and off stage?
I am a different person on and off stage. When I am off stage, people see me as a very calm and shy looking girl but when I am performing on stage, I am weird.

Best perfume
DKNY, because I love the fragrance

What kind of make-up do you like?
I could wear heavy or light make-up. It all depends on where I am going to.

What type of shoes do you love wearing?
I love heels. I mean high heels despite the fact that I am tall.

Describe yourself in three words
Weird, sexy and crazy.

Your philosophy of life
Do to me what you would want me to do unto you. It is about equality.

No comments:

Post a Comment