Sunday 6 October 2013

I’d love to act romantic roles with Tonto Dike, Eve Esin – Nosa Rex


Nosa Rex Okunzuwa, simply known as Nosa Rex, won the Best New Actor of the year at the City People’s Entertainment award 2013. In this interview with www.angeladaviesblog.blogspot.com, the Mechanical Engineering graduate reveals that he would love to act romantic roles with Tonto Dike and Eve Esin. Excerpt:

Can you tell us more about yourself?
Nosa Rex Okunzuwa, simply known as Nosa Rex, is a Nollywood actor from Edo State. I graduated from Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Delta State in 2009. I studied Mechanical Engineering. I am the first child in my family. My family lives in Lagos but I am always in Asaba, Delta State because of the movies I shoot.
Since you studied Mechanical Engineering, what are you doing in Nollywood?
I have always loved acting. While in secondary school, I used to take part in the school drama. I also act in church as well. Acting is what I enjoy doing. It gives me joy.
When did you start acting and what are some of the movies you have done?
I started acting in 2010 and my first movie was ‘Gazza Treasure’. I have actually lost count however of some of the movies I have featured in. Those I can remember right now include, ‘Heart of a fighter’, ‘Troubled king’, ‘Kings’ help’, ‘Blind choice’, ‘My mother, my enemy’, ‘Price of sacrifice’, ‘Enemy of the kingdom’, ‘Nurses’ cult’ and others.
What was your reaction when you were named the Best New Actor of the year at the City People’s Entertainment Award 2013?
The truth is that the actors nominated in the category for the Best New Actor category were well known. The list included Mike Godson, La Klass and Ik Ogbona. I was scared at first. My heart was beating fast but when I heard my name as the winner, I was very happy. I went up the stage and collected my award. Although I was very shy, indeed I was happy that my efforts in the industry have not been in vain.
 How was your first time facing the camera like and what was your first movie?
I was very nervous but after a couple of movies, I became relaxed. My first movie was ‘Gazza Treasure’ directed by Nonso Ekene Okonkwo.
As an actor, expected to take up any role, are their roles you would reject?
Yes, I know I am expected to take up any role nevertheless I won’t play the role of a gay in a movie because they disgust me. I cannot imagine myself playing that role. But when it comes to any other role, I will gladly take it up. Even if playing the role will fetch me millions of naira, I won’t because money is not everything.

Who are your role models in the industry?
My role models include Mike Ezuronye, Olu Jacobs and amiable Mercy Johnson. I love the way they interpret any role given to them. Also, I love their personality.

 Who are those actresses you dream to act romantic roles with?
I would love to act romantic roles with Tonto Dike and Eve Esin. Aside from the fact that they are both single, I see them as ladies I can be free with when acting a romantic roles. But really any actress can go.
Do your parents support your acting career, especially as the first child of the family?
I actually lost my mum in 2007; right now my father is everything to me. He supports me fulltime and he is proud of me.
What is your unique selling point as an actor?
I take any role I am given as an actor seriously. Aside from that I am talented and I thank God for that. I also have my style because I don’t copy anyone. I am just me.

46 comments:

  1. Thanks your tutorial is indeed useful. I have just saved it. Thanks again.best Act Online Course

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation Rex! U deserve it.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice words my brother.... May your desire inspire others out there who have the dream of acting that it takes hard work and dedication to get to greater heights... Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunty is so proud of u my rexinator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one broda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice one bro.... Taking it one step @ a time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice one babarex.. stil more awards to come.. in ur voice **step by step no jumping**.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @uyimedicine.... Nice 1 my broda 4m anoda mother(Rexinator)

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Baba rex keep the fire burning the sky will be your start point not your limit " God +your hardwork=sucess

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulation Rex, you deserve it the lord will Continue bless you in JESUS name ame...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats Baba Rex n keep it up. We love u

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrat Rex,na man u be...Malaysian guys are proud of you over here.keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  15. Step by step no jumping.... Bigger you  cee.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats Rex, Truly proud of U...A star is Born nd I see U taking over the Entertainment Industry.God Bless Ur Endeavours Amen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rex we are proud of you here in Accra Ghana keep on smilling because many more award is come Osalobua will trust Don giver say so.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm nt surprised my blood, we say "step by step no jumping" bt we're exceptionally permitted to fly...soar high bro...u shall soar like d Eagles cos God is wit u..congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations to u bro we love you.....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice1 Rex keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yeer u good! U will surely go higher just keep up with the good work

    ReplyDelete
  22. U have been a broda indeed even we ar not from d same parent, bt aspa childhood friend, I no it will come to dis, congrat broda, gabriel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jim Qrest: I sight u bro...nice adiddas

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice1 rex so proud of u keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nyc job....pls kip it

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice one rex, keep it up and always put God first, I see u on top, more grace and favour

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes oo baba , tonto make sence..which u the best of Luck...Uwa Noni

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulation Rex, you deserve it the lord will Continue bless you in JESUS name ame... step by step no jumping

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats Rex. You are there and most shine like diamond.... Bigger you I pray.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats! May you soar higher in all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats Baba Rex.Bigger You i pray.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are indeed an icon in making!

    ReplyDelete
  33. HisssSss#wash! !! Йą Yahoo!! Keep Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ Fø̲̣̣я̅​ Asaba! Deceiving urself. Ϟ•̸hγ̲̣̣̥ jim iyke a̶̲̥̅̊ñ̷̊D̶̲̥̅̊ odas Ŋ☹ G̶̲̥̅̊☺ stay †ђξ asaba

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congrats 2 u,may u continually blossm.AMEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is Fortune Adason boss...anyway congrate Oluwa. Go make u bigger...na step by step with time he go make. Sense

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congrats on ur award bro!!!!God will continue 2 bless ur hustle...I see takn ova d industry in a few years 4rm nw.Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  37. Nice one broda,Tonto make sence...Oshio

    ReplyDelete
  38. I wish u all the best, Nosa.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Nosa, the sky is only ur starting point. May God crown all ur efforts with success. God bless u!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Nice 1 Rex. Get rid of d shyness. Wish u all d best.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Bigger u rex.....kippin it real on a cool pace....u r meant for d apex

    ReplyDelete
  42. Nice1 nosa rex,God is always ur Companion! Keep doin ur tin

    ReplyDelete
  43. Big bro its d expection of God for you to move higher,so do not suprice because you are born to win.always do remember (step by step no jumping)baba rex truly u na baba

    ReplyDelete
  44. That's my bro,,the sky is not just your limit, its your starting point,,may the best of your past, be the worst in your fulture,,,,keep it up my blood.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Nice One u gat der..congratzz nd all d best dearie

    ReplyDelete