Friday 29 July 2011

People think that I am ugly- Azeezat


Azeezat Niniola Allen is an artiste. The Abeokuta born artiste has been in the music industry for almost 12 years. She spoke about her style, her role model and the fact that people think she is ugly with us.
What is style to you?
Style means a representation of who I am. I have to be comfortable, outstanding and I have to make a statement. So, what I do is try to bring out what is from the inside.
How was growing up like for you?
Growing up was fun, the normal ups and downs, you get disciplined and all that but it was fun in a loving environment. In an environment where I know things were slightly difficult but I knew I got a lot of training and a lot of love.
Your hairstyle is your signature. How did you come about it?
It was just in trying to be different in an era where there was a lot of noise about being African, being outstanding as an African and a lot of people were doing a lot of things and I had to experiment to be outstanding and still be able to find something that define who I am. That is how the hairstyle came about.
How long have you being in the music industry?
I have been in the music for like 11 years now, going to 12 years.
What is your brand of music called?
I call it rhythm and soul. Over the years it has changed but the rhythm and the soul still remains.
What is your best colour?
My best colour is red. I don’t know whether it is still red. I love red, I love bright colours.
Best signature perfume
I don’t stick with one perfume. I don’t things that are just too sweet or too tangy. So I just like a blend of the sweet and the tangy, and any time I find something like that, I go with it and I don’t even bother what the name is.
What kind of shoes do you love to wear?
Now I love high heels. I use to dread high heels but now am learning to be comfortable in them. There was a time I couldn’t wear something as high as what am wearing now but it gives me elegance. I love wearing high but comfortable shoes, some form of platform.
What kind of make up do you love to wear?
I love simple make up but the kind of work I do, you have to like look glamorous but not heavy. Not too simple but definitely not heavy.
Who is your role model?
I have had a lot of role models; I still have a lot of role models but I think first and foremost, my mother.
Why your mother?
My mother is everything I want to be, she is strong, loving, strict, she loves God and when she decides that she wants to do something, she puts everything she has into it without looking back, without regret and so much more. My mother is a great woman.
What are the misconception people have about you?
That I am ugly (laughs).
How does that make you feel?
Funny, I laugh.
Why do you laugh?
The first thing that comes to my mind is that it says a lot about who that person is, that is what makes me laugh.
What is it about womanhood that makes you happy?
I think our loving nature. The fact that we can combine a lot of things, the fact that we are stronger than what they think we are.
What clothing item won’t you be caught wearing?
I always answer that one straight, pant and bra. I cannot do that.
You are a mother, a wife and an artiste. How do you combine these three roles?
I know that it is by the grace of God and also by having a very supportive and understanding partner in my husband. We do both business and the home front together. So having the right people working with me and having passion for what I do is what has really helped me.
How do you relax?
I relax by meditating and staying close to God
Describe yourself in three words
Simple but mighty
Your philosophy of life
God first

2 comments:

  1. This is good expose for Azeezat, the wife of my good friend and brother, Allen. I know she will like it. Keep it up, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I appreciate.

    ReplyDelete