Monday 7 November 2011

Venezuela’s Ivian Lunasol Sarcos Colmenares emerges Miss World 2011


Here comes the new queen, Miss Venezuela
 India’s hope of winning the Miss World title for the sixth time came crashing down as Miss Venezuela; Ivian Lunasol Sarcos Colmenares won the coveted crown.

The contest which took place on Sunday, November 6, 2011, saw Ivian Lunasol Sarcos Colmenares, 21, defeat contestants from 122 countries to the coveted title after impressing the judges in the categories of beach beauty, top model, talent, sports, and beauty with a purpose - where the contestants must demonstrate involvement in a charity project.

She was orphaned at a young age and once dreamt of becoming a nun. Now she said she wants to use her title to help other people.

She said: 'Winning means everything to me and I hope to take advantage of being a winner in a productive manner. I’m unbelievably happy to have won and there are some incredible girls. I first and foremost want to help people in need. I would like to help people like me. I am an orphan. I would also like to help the elderly and troubled teenagers. As many people as I can.
'Unfortunately I lost both my parents at a very young age which led me to study for five years in a nunnery. I spent my five years in there and my dream was to become a nun.'

Miss Philippines, Gwendoline Ruais was first runner-up while Miss Puerto Rico, Amanda Perez became the second runner-up.
The gala event kicked off on Sunday evening with a dynamic performance by British street dance troupe Diversity, followed by the introduction of the Miss World contestants.

Miss Venezuela was crowned by her predecessor, Miss World 2010 Alexandria Mills. The jury included former Miss World winners: Cindy Breakspeare (1976), Nigeria Agbani Darego (2001), Zhang Zilin (2007) and Kaiane Aldorino (2009).

This is the 60th year of the beauty pageant and to celebrate its diamond anniversary, it returned to the city where it all began. The first was held in London in 1951 during the Festival of Britain on the South Bank of the River Thames.

The 122 contestants from around the world
Congratulations, Ivian Lunasol Sarcos Colmenares.

No comments:

Post a Comment